August 01, 2005

FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS


¤ What are these scanlations meant for?
¤ Can I put your scanlations on my webpage?
¤ Can I serve your mangas in other places? (e.g: mailing lists, p2p etc)
¤ Can I use your scanlations and translate them to any other language and/or Edit them?
¤ Can I use a small pic from your scanlations on my webpage?
¤ Can I link to your site?
¤ I really want to read your scanlations, but the zip file doesn't open
¤ I really want to read your scanlations, but I have trouble accessing your webpage and/or downloading from it.
¤ I love this manga you're scanlating and I drew a fanart/wrote a fanfic for it. May I donate it to your site?
¤ Where do you get your manga?


What are these scanlations meant for?


Our scanlations are meant for personal use: you are allowed only to download
them and read them, you are NOT to offer them for money via any means! Our aim in providing these scanlations is to introduce you to the author's work and hopefully interest you in it. Our scanlations do not substitute the purchasing of the original volumes. If you do get interested in a particular manga, please support the author by buying it.


Back to top


Can I put your scanlations on my webpage?


If you have bandwidth to spare on your page, why not offer to host?
Otherwise we are against it and don't be too surprised to find your site linked from us anyway so that the people who came to us to download do indeed get their download.


Back to top


Can I serve your mangas in other places? (e.g mailing lists, p2p etc)


Nope.


Back to top


Can I use your scanlations to translate (or completely re-release) them in another language


As of July 2nd 2004 the short answer is YES.
Be nice about it. Which means:

-You must send us the full copy of the translated manga
-You must keep the original credits (don't substitute them with just "Obsession"). Include the credits even if you only used the scanlations to translate. Also include a link to http://ob-session.org or http://ob-session.tk on the webpage of the project.
-You must set up a fserver on our IRC channel and help us distributing your and our mangas

If you are still interested drop us a line to f4.obsession@gmail.com

N.B. The above refers to re-translating projects into languages other than English or Spanish. If we have released something in English which you'd want to see in Spanish, contact us for a collaboration project. For Spanish-only releases there is usually already a licensed English edition, or another group has scanlated the manga in English.


Back to top



Can I use a small pic from your scanlations on my webpage?


If you want to use a portion of our scanlations to make a layout, we have no
objections, provided that you credit us for the scan and put a link back to our
site and credit the mangaka. If you plan on putting one or more entire releases on your site, refer to Q2.


Back to top



Can I link to your site?


Please, do! Whether you use our banner or just put a text link, we'd be very
happy if you did.


Back to top



I really want to read your scanlations, but the zip file doesn't open


Please, be sure you have installed the latest version of WinZip if you use
Windows, or StuffIt Expander if you use Macintosh.In particular, if you're using
Explorer to download, check the file size when the download starts and then make sure it's the same when the download is over.


Back to top



I really want to read your scanlations, but I have trouble accessing your
webpage and/or downloading from it.


Please, come to our IRC channel and general meeting point, #yaoirulez at irc.irchighway.net
(read mIRC tutorial).


Back to top



I love this manga you're scanlating and I drew a fanart/wrote a fanfic for
it. May I donate it to your site


We would be deeply honoured.


Back to top



Where do you get your manga?

Jpqueen, Yesasia, Pucciland, The yaoi corner, etc (use google ^-^)



Back to top

Written by Mayu Kawaii @ 2:01 PM,

+ Irc channel / Canal Irc
+ Projects / Proyectos
+ FAQ
+ Image Forum
+ English Forum
+ Foro en Castellano
+ Trivia

E-Mail

F4.obsession at gmail . com

Link Us